The address for the conference venue is:
Faculty of Music, University of Cambridge, 11 West Road, Cambridge CB3 9DP (UK).
Cambridge is well connected to London Stansted Airport with regular trains from the airport direct to the city centre. The journey time is approximately 30 minutes (return fare £14.90).
All other London Airports (Gatwick, Heathrow) are reasonably well connected via London Kings Cross or Liverpool Street. An off-peak return train fare from London Kings Cross will cost £24.20. For further details regarding train journeys see: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk.
From the train station it is approximately a 40-minute walk to the Faculty of Music. There are three buses (Citi 1, Citi 3 and Citi 7) that stop at Emmanuel Street in the city centre, approximately a 20-25 minute walk from the Faculty (the bus fare is around £2). Alternatively, taxis are available directly outside the train station that would cost up to £10.
Unfortunately we are unable to book accommodation for delegates. However, there are a variety of accommodation options available close to the conference venue. These vary from cheap hostels to upper-end hotels. Here is a brief list of some of the available options:
- YHA Hostel, £26 for a dorm bed/from £56 for a private room (http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/cambridge);
- There are a number of B&Bs and hotels listed on the Visit Cambridge website, ranging from £50 for a single room (http://www.visitcambridge.org/accommodation);
- On booking.com, prices range from around £60 up to £260. Prices depend largely on how far accommodation is located from the city centre;
- There are two Travelodges not far from the centre of Cambridge that have reasonable offers from around £50 a room (www.travelodge.co.uk);
- A number of cost-effective options are also available through AirBnB (http://www.airbnb.co.uk);
- College Accommodation: for that true Cambridge experience, why not stay in college accommodation (http://www.universityrooms.com).